STRATEGY 6.0 Data Dashboard
Each solution of the CAIP is measured by a SMART (Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant, Time Bound) goal. The Sustainability unit of PSPM is responsible for providing guidance and best practices to the staff responsible for implementing the goals, and for tracking progress. Data is collected each fall for previous fiscal year (FY) and report prepared in early spring. The baseline for the goals is FY2019.
6.1.1 SUSTAINABILITY COURSE RUBRIC Heading link
- Increase in the number of units offering a sustainability course by 3 more departments each year after conducting a course survey.
- Develop a Sustainability Course Rubric or a mechanism to easily search for courses that fall under this rubric.
Status: On Track
Based on limited data, this goal appears to be on track. A course survey is completed every three to four years as part of UIC’s reporting under the AASHE STARS program. That survey indicates that more units offer sustainability courses each survey. If past trends continue, we expect to meet this goal.
Sustainability Course Rubric Heading link
6.1.2 SUSTAINABILITY-RELATED COURSES FOR GENERAL EDUCATION CREDIT Heading link
- Increase number of sustainability courses by 20 courses each year (0.4%) after conducting a course survey.
Status: Not on Track
Based on limited data, this goal appears not to be on track. A course survey is completed every three to four years to as part of UIC’s reporting under the AASHE STARS program. That survey indicates that more units offer sustainability courses each survey, but at a slower pace than is indicated by the goal. Without additional planning and resources, UIC will likely fall short of this goal.
Sustainability Gen Ed Heading link
6.1.3 INTERDISCIPLINARY SUSTAINABILITY MAJORS, MINORS, AND CERTIFICATES Heading link
- Advance one certificate program in FY2021 by meeting with at least 5 deans and/or department heads.
- Have at least 1 major by 2028, 1 minor (completed), and one certificate by 2022.
Status: Data Unavailable
6.1.4 FACULTY EXPERTISE Heading link
- Increase funding opportunities for TSI through partnerships with colleges and deans to increase the number of participants in TSI by 10% annually.
- Include 20 faculty participants through the Teaching Sustainability Initiative annually.
Status: On Track
TSI participation is increasing by more than 10% annually due to targeted engagement by PSPM staff. If this trend continues, we expect to meet this goal.
Faculty Expertise Heading link
6.2.1 LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES Heading link
- Create educational and outreach opportunities for PSPM to engage with students in the environmental aspects of their projects.
- Increase attendance of PSPM staff to a poster presentation by 25% per year.
- Increase number of training and outreach events and attendance.
- Increase number of student participants by 5%per year.