Water Assessment Internship
Aim of Internship:
Intern will learn about campus water use and sustainability in the context of a large urban university. Intern will gain knowledge of water consumption in different building types and learn to identify opportunities for water conservation. These skills are easily transferable to other business and government applications.
- Work with other interns and assist in water audit of campus restrooms, kitchen areas, and other areas to be determined
- Data entry into spreadsheet based application for calculating potential water and waste water savings
- Recommend projects to conserve water
Ideal Candidate is:
- Minimum sophomore standing
- Science or engineering major with general understanding of mechanical/HVAC systems
- Able to read and understand engineering and architectural plans/prints
- Familiar with Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- A clear communicator
- Able to collect data in a safe and professional manner
- A self-starter who is able to work with minimal supervision
The Water Stewardship Intern will be a member of the Sustainability Intern Cohort. The Sustainability Internship Program (SIP) is an initiative through the Office of Sustainability that offers hands-on learning experiences that help achieve the overall mission of greater social, economic, and environmental sustainability in the campus community. The program consists of weekly seminars and field outings on a range of educational and skill building topics including: environmental and energy sustainability issues, cultural sustainability issues, institutional challenges and change management, campus structure and administration, campus sustainability programs and job readiness. The SIP requirements include: meeting weekly work plan goals, frequent meetings with project supervisor, attendance at weekly seminars and outings, blog posts, and a final poster presentation.
This position is 15 hrs/week from May 31-August 5th.
Please complete the application form at http://sustainability.uic.edu/jobs/sustainability-internship-program-2/#HowtoApply. Once completed, please send resume and cover letter to Eric Dangoy: email@example.com