Great Stuff Exchange
Wednesday, September 13
10 AM – 2 PM
West Concourse of Student Center East
750 S Halsted Street
The Great Stuff Exchange (GSX) is an office supplies giveaway program. The Office of Sustainability collects items from departments that cannot use them anymore and makes them available for students, staff, faculty – or anyone that can use them! We can all promote reuse and source reduction as alternatives to recycling and smart, viable actions for any person or department to take. Reuse also saves your department and the university valuable resources. Check out pictures from our last GSX event !
All items will be displayed by category by 10am on September 13. All materials are free to anyone at UIC.
Typical Materials at the Event
- Appointment Books & Calendars
- Binders, Notebooks & Paper
- Bookends & Vertical Files
- CD’s, DVD’s, Jewel Cases
- Desktop/Mouse Pads & Organizers
- Drawer Organizers
- Envelopes & File Folders
- Inkject, laser, fax and copier toner cartridges
- Unused Greeting Cards
- Name Tag Holders
- Rolodex Boxes & Cards, Index Cards
- Scissors, Staplers, & Hole Punchers
- Pens, Pencils, Lead, & Ink Refills, Toner Cartridges
- Report Covers & Sheet Protectors
- Storage Boxes, Cases, Files & Racks
Anyone at UIC may donate materials to the Great Stuff Exchange. You may drop off items at the Office of Sustainability at 1140 S. Paulina Street before Monday, September 12 or you may bring items directly to the Great Stuff Exchange on September 13.
Guidelines & limitations
- All donated items must be clean and in working condition.
- Furniture, computers, and larger or more expensive office equipment can be advertised at the Surplus Station and will not be accepted at the Great Stuff Exchange.
Please DO NOT donate the following:
- Clothing, Shoes, & Furniture
- Hazardous Wastes
- Large Equipment
- Anything with a University “PTag”
- Broken items