Great Stuff Exchange
The Great Stuff Exchange (GSX) & the UIC Free Store is an office supplies giveaway program. The Office of Sustainability collects items from departments that cannot use them anymore and makes them available for students, staff, and faculty – for free! We can all promote reuse and source reduction as alternatives to recycling and smart, viable actions for any person or department to take. Reuse also saves your department and the university valuable resources.
GSX is September 12, 2019
- Tuesday, September 12, 2019
- 10:00 am – 2:00 pm
- Lecture Center Plaza (the Quad)
- Rain date: Thursday, September 19
Check out pictures from last year’s GSX event !
Up for Grabs
As always, we have our usual materials -– the detritus of the paperless office – including: 3 ring binders of all sizes; Desk top filing equipment; Hanging file folders; and a growing volume of toner and ink cartridges for dozens of different printers.
If you get there early, you’ll also be able to choose from some unique donations, including: a collection of microfiber and cool fiber cloths with various functions, from cleaning eye glasses to cooling down during a workout; an assortment of pens and pencils; and a bulletin board.
- Appointment Books & Calendars
- Binders, Notebooks & Paper
- Bookends & Vertical Files
- CD’s, DVD’s, Jewel Cases
- Desktop/Mouse Pads & Organizers
- Drawer Organizers
- Envelopes & File Folders
- Inkject, laser, fax and copier toner cartridges
- Unused Greeting Cards
- Name Tag Holders
- Rolodex Boxes & Cards, Index Cards
- Scissors, Staplers, & Hole Punchers
- Pens, Pencils, Lead, & Ink Refills, Toner Cartridges
- Report Covers & Sheet Protectors
- Storage Boxes, Cases, Files & Racks
- Clothing, Shoes, & Furniture
- Hazardous Wastes
- Large Equipment
- Anything with a University “PTag”
- Broken items
Guidelines & limitations
- All donated items must be clean and in working condition.
For receiving items:
- Take only what you or your department can use;
- If you take something and then find you can’t use it, keep it out of the waste stream by returning it to OS for someone else to make use of it.