EcoReps help facilitate communication from the CCSE and Sustainability to their respective units. We ask each department to designate a staff member to serve as a liaison – an EcoRep – to Sustainability. Only official "Delegate Authority" personnel will be able to add employees as EcoReps.
Once added as your department's EcoRep, you will be automatically added to the EcoReps listserv (hosted by ACCC) and receive communications from EcoReps@uic.edu.
Benefits of having an EcoRep:
- EcoReps attend multiple 30-minute webinars during the year to learn about sustainability issues and how to make their office space and culture more sustainable
- EcoReps share information with their office on upcoming sustainability events such as the Great Stuff Exchange, Campus Electronic Recycling Events, and Earth Day
- EcoReps act as liaisons between the Sustainability office of Planning, Sustainability, and Project Management and their home office
Past EcoReps webinar topics have included:
- Energy savings $
- Zero-waste for the home and office
- Biking in and around campus
- Commuting without a car
- Support sustainable and minority owned businesses through your office purchases
- Campus biodiversity
- Wellness for students and employees
- And more!
Tips for Department/ Unit Heads
To designate your employee as an EcoRep, head over to the ACCC Liaison Manager Website and login at the green link near the top of the webpage.
Using the navigation menus at the top of the screen, select your unit under “My Campus Units.” Next, select the green link, “Manage Unit Liaisons.” Then, select “EcoRep.” Finally, select “Add New Eco Rep Liaison” and add the employee with either their netID or UIN.
The employee will then receive an automated email from email@example.com notifying them that they have been added as an EcoRep.
UIC employees can join the EcoReps listserv themselves by filling out the form below. This will add them to the communication list but does not give them official designation as an EcoReps liaison. The delegate authority for their unit will still need to follow the above steps to make the EcoReps liaison status official.