The mission of the Rebuilding Exchange (RX) is to create a market for reclaimed building materials. We do this by diverting materials from landfills and making them accessible for reuse through our retail warehouse, by promoting sustainable deconstruction practices, by providing education and job training programs, and by creating innovative models for sustainable reuse. Rebuilding Exchange is a project of the Delta Institute.
RX is seeking a volunteer intern for the summer of 2014 to work approximately 20 hours a week. The candidate must be an undergraduate or graduate student majoring in Nonprofit Management, Environmental Studies, Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, or related field and have a passion for environmental stewardship. The development intern will be directly involved in donor research and development as well as the implementation of marketing strategies. This position is ideal for students looking to gain more knowledge and experience in the field of nonprofit management, fundraising and environmental stewardship. The intern will have the opportunities to gain exposure to areas of nonprofit management, donor research and communications, marketing, and insight into a social enterprise. The intern will report to the Executive Director.
· Conduct donor research and make recommendations for grant proposals
· Assist with grant writing
· Develop and manage donor tracking system
· Organize written communications with donors
· Support the development of messaging, content and strategy for marketing materials
· Engage in strategic discussion and planning to help meet yearly fundraising goals
· Special projects, ad hoc assignments and other administrative duties as needed
· Other responsibilities as they develop, based on intern interest and organization needs
· Current college student or graduate
· An excellent communicator with strong writing skills and research experience
· A self-starter with the ability to work successfully with little supervision on multiple tasks
· Proficient with Microsoft Office including Word and Excel
· Proficient in Social Media apps and platforms.
· Enthusiastic, detail-oriented and eager to learn
· Has a positive and helpful attitude
· Interest in environmental stewardship and non-profit management
The position will start June 23, 2014 and end September 19, 2014.
This is an unpaid internship position.
TO APPLY: Forward resume and 3 references (name, email, phone) to Heather White, Director of Community Outreach and Communications. firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications are due by June 10, 2014.