Fall 2014: UIC Office of Sustainability Graphic Design & Communications Internship
The UIC Office of Sustainability is hiring an intern to support the outreach and engagement initiatives aligned with the Office’s mission.
Aim of Internship:
Familiarize students interested in urban sustainability with issues common to many universities, including: bicycle planning, community engagement, energy conservation & efficiency, recycling/composting, and peer-to-peer training programs.
The intern’s main responsibilities will be to assist with creating media (event flyers, logos, videos, etc) to communicate the Office’s mission. The intern will also be responsible for the logistics of events on campus and community engagement via social media, printed media, and electronic communications.
- Interest in, demonstrated experience with, or coursework relating to any sustainability issue(s)
- Excellent communication skills; strong interpersonal communication
- Good organizational skills, excellent attention for detail
- Ability to work independently, based on instructions from office staff, with minimal supervision
- Experience in utilizing web-based tools including social media (Facebook, Twitter) and content-management systems. Experience with WordPress a plus.
- Experience and/or prior coursework in graphic design, including knowledge and expertise in office productivity software (MS Office, Adobe Creative Suite such as Illustrator)
- Familiarity and interest in digital video production
- Ability to work at least 10 hours per week in the Office of Sustainability
Please send resume and cover letter to Lisa Sanzenbacher at email@example.com by Friday, September 5, 2014. You may also send samples of your portfolio of your graphic design work.
NOTE: Save paper – printed submissions will not be accepted.