Women Bike Chicago: Day of Dialog & Demos
Date(s) - 04/12/2014
9:00 am - 2:00 pm
Dvorak Park, Pilsen
Women Bike Chicago hosts a half-day educational, social and networking event created by women, for women, to promote bicycling as affordable, practical, healthy transportation.
WOMEN BIKE CHICAGO 2014: A Day of Dialogue and Demonstration
Riding a bike–not just for kids or guys in spandex! Women bike everywhere. Any woman can do it. New to two wheels or want to ride again? Please join us . . .
* Increase your on-bike riding skills and get encourgement to get back in the saddle
* Learn about bike commuting, including how to get your bike on the “L” or a bus
* Get tips on how to dress for the weather, and to ride your bike to work or a party
* Learn basic maintenance – fix your flat, lube your chain, adjust your brakes!
* Get comfortable riding with children and in traffic
* Flex your legs riding different kinds of bikes, bike trailers, or other bike equipment
* Find a “ride buddy” — turn commuting into comm-unity!
… and more!
All women–regardless of experience–are encouraged to participate in this event.
Sign up now – donate a small fee now or pay at the door.
Child care is available, please indicate if it’s required for you when you sign up.
Women Bike Chicago is a grassroots organization started by women, to promote skill-building and confidence in women cyclists and encourage healthy lifestyle changes.
Location information: http://www.chicagoparkdistrict.com/parks/Dvorak-Park/
P.S. If you would like to volunteer at the event, there’s a place for you as well. Sign up at the EventBrite link and select the Volunteer ticket. We’ll contact you for times and tasks.
We hope you can make it!Category(ies)