Since 2008, the Office of Sustainability at UIC has presented a diverse array of fun and educational events during our Earth Month celebration. Scheduled every year during the month of April these activities provide outreach to our campus community of 40,000 students, staff and faculty. The daily events focus on many pathways to reduce individual environmental impacts- energy conservation, local food, alternative transportation (walking, public transit, bikes, etc.), recycling, and water. Other events focus on economic and social justice initiatives and programs happening around the UIC campus.
Click on the calendar to print out a 8 1/2 x 11″ poster!
This year, UIC is proud to announce the following activities
click on the links to learn more
- APRIL 2 Community Electronics Recycling Collection
- APRIL 2 5th Annual World Health Day
- APRIL 3 EcoReps Meeting
- APRIL 3 Why our Coffee Choices Matter: Local and Global Connections of a World-Changing Commodity
- APRIL 8 Student Research Forum featuring awards in sustainability
- APRIL 9 CUB Energy Saver Sign-Up & Presentation: Win 6 months free electricity!
- APRIL 9 Bike Registration @JST
- APRIL 10 Hospital Green Fair
- APRIL 11 Learning Lunch @ the College of Dentistry: Celebrating our “Green Future”
- APRIL 14 Green Labs Meeting: Who Sells Sustainable Products?
- APRIL 14 Bike Registration @ SCE
- APRIL 15 Re-Thinking Soup
- APRIL 15 Pop-Up Bike Registration
- APRIL 16 Nature’s Cure: Plants and Oral Health
- APRIL 16 & 17 Weigh Your Waste: SCE & JST
- APRIL 17 Bees and Biodiversity: Local Gardens, Global Possibilities
- APRIL 21-25 Bike 2 Campus Week
- APRIL 21 & 23 Bike 2 Campus Week Pit Stops: east side & west side
- APRIL 23 Nuclear Energy’s Future
- APRIL 22 ECOJAM!
- APRIL 22 Bike Donation drop-off
- APRIL 22 College of Dentistry Tree Planting
- APRIL 24 West Side Bike Story
- APRIL 25 Low-Carbon Diet Lunch
- APRIL 25 Bike 2 Campus Critical Mass ride
- APRIL 29 “Proud to be Sustainable” Photo Contest Party
- APRIL 29 State of Sustainability Presentation at the Buildings and Grounds Senate Subcommittee
- …and much more!
Take the pledge and tell us how you will be an environmental leader this Earth Month!
Join the Office of Sustainability in taking the “Earth Month Pledge” below and pledging what action you will take this Earth Month to make for a cleaner and greener Earth.
Friends of the Office of Sustainability have already made strides by taking the “Earth Month Pledge” by taking small, everyday actions such as riding their bike to campus instead of driving, using reusable water bottles instead of buying disposable, and buying organic foods.
Names will be entered to win a prize!!