The UIC Office of Sustainability is seeking a Business/Administrative Associate to perform business and marketing activities. This fast-paced office advances initiatives such as recycling, energy efficiency, active transportation and grounds stewardship to reduce UIC’s environmental impact, while providing social and economic benefit to the campus.
- Develop marketing plans, strategies and calendar of outreach events
- Design marketing materials such as posters, web-banners and flyers
- Draft email communications, newsletters and calendar events
- Oversee/Manage website content and updates, social media email lists and office/campus calendar
- Handle purchasing, financial reporting, budget development, student payroll, and other business functions.
- Support sustainability-related committees, schedule meetings with campus and external stakeholders and organize logistics of campus-wide events.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, management or a field related to the position (such as marketing, public administration, communications, graphic design)
- Two years of professional level accounting, managerial and/or business experience, one year of which was at an administrative level
- 1-3 years of experience in social marketing and office management in a fast-paced office.
- Education or experience related to sustainability, particularly as regards educating and marketing for conservation practices.
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite, Illustrator, Word, Excel, and social media.
- Demonstrated creative design production with strong organizational skills.
- Knowledge of how to develop social marketing campaigns.
- Experience working in a university setting and negotiating hierarchies and relationships.
- Knowledge of the University of Illinois’s business policies and procedures.
For fullest consideration, please complete an online application AND submit an Exam Request for CB9580 Business/Admin Associate (Office of Sustainability).
The application must include all work experience, detailed job duties, start and end dates and whether the position was part time or full time.
Additional documents can be electronically attached to your online application through the “Documents” link on Step 1 of the application. Be sure to select the appropriate document type before uploading the document.
Transcripts/Licenses/Certifications must be uploaded within the application, hand delivered, or mailed directly from the institution to:
University of Illinois at Chicago
Recruitment and Staffing
Human Resources Building Room 109
715 S. Wood Street M/C 862
Chicago IL 60612
Attn: CB9580 – DB
Credential Assessment Exam Scoring Information:
You will not be required to report in person for this exam. The updated online application and all uploaded, relevant documents, such as a resume and/or college transcript will be used in the calculation of the exam score. These documents should be uploaded prior to submitting your exam request.
When completing your online application, please be sure to provide detailed information about your knowledge and experience, as your qualifications for any Civil Service position will be primarily determined based on what is contained in the application, not the resume. Please be sure to include an accurate email address and to check it regularly for UIC position updates or notices.
If an application and exam request are not submitted by the close date, the applicant/employee will not be considered and the exam request will be denied.
For fullest consideration, the above mentioned requirements must be submitted no later than July 20, 2014.
All information submitted will be thoroughly evaluated and verified.
To view the status of all your exam requests, pending test dates, scores, and current register positions online, just go to jobs.uic.edu/. Log in and click on “Civil Service Activity.”
We appreciate your interest in employment at the University of Illinois at Chicago.
The University of Illinois is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.